Wednesday, September 28, 2011

American Consulate Appointment Day!









We had our appointment at the American Consulate today. We brought in our paperwork and waited in a room with a lot of other adoptive parents. We took an oath all together and then were called up one at a time to turn in our paperwork. It was a little anticlimactic, but it is done. We are her parents and she will be a U.S. citizen when we land in Los Angelos on Friday.
I dragged Ray and Zhao Lei to a book store with me today. Why didn't I go alone? What was I thinking? Neither of them wanted to go anywhere, but they came. I had a list of books I wanted to get and was determined. I had read on several blogs of people who had adopted older children from China that they wished they had bought more books. I was trying to take advantage of their advice to get as many as you could. We bought several fairy tale books with CDs that read the story aloud for 18 yuan each, many classics (like Pocahantas and The Secret Garden) with English on one page and Mandarin on the opposite page for 5.9 yuan each, several comic books and twelve new videos. We scored.

No comments:

Post a Comment