Monday, September 26, 2011

Pearl Shopping









Ray and Zhao Lei stayed at the hotel and I went with the group to shop for pearls. Our guide recommended one of the stores and we enjoyed choosing our pearls and the clasps and then watching them re-strand them into necklaces. After mine were finished I walked around the mall. I did choose a jade pendant that I had wanted and seen many women here wearing and a couple of little ornament type things. I couldn't believe how many types of pearls there were and how many of them there were in the store. Many of the stores sell wholesale to buyers. We bought our pearls at a store on the basement level called Mao Sheng Jewelers. The manager's name is Kerry and she speaks English well. They gave me about 9% of a discount when I asked for it. Also, they take credit cards. If you go out of the store and take a right and go down until the corner, that is where I bought the jade pendant. If you go across the walkway, you have gone too far. I think it is owned by an older man and woman. My pendant had a tag that said it ws 300 yuan ($48)and I asked for a better price. They held it up to the light to check it's quality and then said 200 yuan ($32)

No comments:

Post a Comment